Saturday, June 26, 2010

Share your favourite scenic pictures of New Zealand and be in to win

Great! There is a photography competition in New Zealand posted on NZHerald, but what is the catch for photographers? You need to either be a New Zealand resident or citizen in order to participate in it. At least that is the first criteria that I noticed before reading the rest of the terms and conditions. If anyone is more interested to read on their terms and conditions, the link is attached here (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/promotions/news/article.cfm?c_id=500848&objectid=10653870).

Hold on!!! I just noticed the second bullet of the terms and conditions. As a photographer, you own the copyrights of your work but the promoter has the rights to freely use your work in its online and print publications? It means that if I submitted my work for this competition, I am giving the promoter the publishing rights to the submitted photograph. Even if I am not selected to be the winner or runners-up to get any of the prizes, I might still see my photograph used in their advertisements for free.

Anyway, I’m going to try to submit a few photographs just for fun. Since I am not a professional photographer, I am not excluded from their competition stated in the third bullet of the terms and conditions. I have selected the two photographs below to try out, what do you think?

The Peaceful Bay

The Leafless July

I know, it is still a bit flat and uninteresting piece of photographs and I can’t really find any models that would oblige to be photographed and published for a competition. Tough! Beside that, what does July in New Zealand has to offer? Rain, rain and more rain. Oh well, let see how it goes. I will update the post when I have more. Feel free to comment. Cheers.
 
Reference(s):
NZHerald. (n.d.). Share your favourite scenic pictures of New Zealand and be in to win. Retrieved on June 22, 2010 from http://www.nzherald.co.nz/promotions/news/article.cfm?c_id=500848&objectid=10653649
 
You might also want:















| More

Related posts by categories:


Bought to you by PhotoTale
Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 comments:

Post a Comment